The college was started in 1982 and affiliated to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and admitted into grant in Aid in the year 1990. The College was recognized under 2(f) and 12(b) of the U.G.C act on 20-07-1990 now it is grant in Aid as well as self financed institution. Now the institution has 63 faculty members and 1250 students in U.G & P.G Programmes
Dr. Aruna Joined as Lecturer in Commerce Department in 1982 and appointed as Principal F.A., during Dec 1993 and promoted as regular Principal during June 1995. Appointed as Advisory Board Member for AU Sports Board & NSS twice and A.U., Academic Senate Member for 7 years.